9.09.2005

I'm back already!


Oh. My. Goodness. Yes, I'm actually posting a picture of myself here. It was the first photo in a long time that I don't HATE. Weird. Someone call the doctor... something is wrong with me. snicker. ANYWAY, sheesh, Lily, Tim and I went to a Cherry Poppin' Daddies concert on Saturday. It was wonderful. Kick back and relax and watch Tim drink plenty of wine. It was at a winery after all. And we saw the cutest couple. I just love old people in love. It makes me look forward to the future when Tim and I are dancing together at a concert with all the history and memories we will have. sigh. I love old people!

I hate to end this on a sour note. I guess better to end with it than to begin with it. Look what I found on Tuesday. What is it? What was it is more like it! That is my journal of poetry. Grace loves books. All books. But when she tires of them she rips them up and eats them. Chews on them and calls them bubble gum. I know I'm sounding light hearted about it. But... I... bawled! My sweetie Tim tried everything to console me. He suggested that I rewrite them. Ok, so a story I can rewrite. An essay I can rewrite. I blog entry I can rewrite, but poetry, no WAY! I write in the heat of the moment. I sound psychotic when I write. One poem may be about bones and gnashing of teeth and the next one will be about how joy is like a butterfly. Finally, I told him that I just needed to cry so he held me against his chest and let me bawl. I feel like I've lost someone close to me. Not only that, but that I've been violated. I have the journal locked up for now. I am going to buy a new journal and transfer what I can and start over I guess. Thank goodness motherhood has more ups than downs or I would be tempted to eat my own young. :)

No comments: