2.23.2012

Ignore The Text, Look at the Photos


Yesterday was an amazingly relaxing day.  I woke up at 7 a.m. like a good girl.  After breakfast we walked the beach.  Photos to follow.  If you are into photography and you think of any tips, please send them my way.  I am looking for a good book on the subject and haven’t found one yet.
We then walked Cannon Beach, the town.  Cannon Beach was originally an artist community and that flavor still is evident.  The older I get, the more bored I get with shopping, and the more I just want to park myself on the beach and commune. 
But, we found a treasure shop and I kinda have wants.  They have some proto-Celtic items that I would love to have.  Some bells that were worn to ward off evil.  And some currency.  The currency are simple circles and they have some mounted as jewelry that I really like the looks of. 
I did buy myself something at Coastal Yarn, well duh!  I will take photos tomorrow of the project.  I got some Madelinetosh DK for a honey cowl for myself.  The color is called black current.  I’ve been wanting to make myself one of these and while I do have a magnificent yarn stash, I don’t have a lot of dk weight to choose from.  And definitely not enough yardage for this project.
We had a nice lunch and then went back to our room to rest a bit before heading back to the beach… that didn’t work out quite like I had planned.  I was exhausted from poor sleep (developed a toothache on Monday) and took a nap that went from 20 minutes to 3 hours.  I needed it obviously.
I finished the slipper I was working on for Tim and then cast on for my cowl, woot.  Sorry Tim, gonna have to wait on your slippers and socks.
Today we are heading into Seaside.  I’m hoping to go bowling later. 
Oh, and thank you everyone for the birthday wishes.  You all are so sweet to me!  Hasta Luego Bonitas!












No comments: