9.14.2005

Don't Cry for Me Yarn People...

Yesterday, Tman took a day off from work to play EQ2 as a new expansion launched. Yes, he has a PROBLEM. So I thought, my yarn is coming in today! With that hope I ran to my LYS to pick up yarn for a tank I've been longing to do all the while hoping that UPS would come by. I make my purchase, which I kept to a minimum, yeah!!! I went to go say goodbye to Nancy to find her in the back with the UPS man and huge boxes of Colinette... heavily damaged. I watched as they went back on the truck and just about cried on the spot. I have waited somewhat patiently for 2 months for the ever glorious Queen Mab sweater yarn. Depressed and wanting to soothe my soul I decided to stop by a store I had been wanting to check out for a while. Can you guess what happens next? Yup, store is out of business. So... even further depressed I decided to stop by the local craft store to pick up some fall decorations. It is just sort of across the street from where I am now. Take a guess what happens next...

They had like 3 shelves of junk left. That's all. Can you believe this? I guess if you know me you can believe it as this sort of stuff happens all the time to me. How did I resolve my depression? Chinese food. Even that was tainted. I wanted a Barqs root beer to go with it and all they had was Mug even though they had ever other coke product. Come on! This has got to end. But it doesn't... it gets WORSE. That is for another tale though.

Knitting news. I finished Pismo. Woo hoo! I started Gyrid from E. Lavold. I am thrilled to be finally working on it. Time to run. Wait till you hear the new WORSE news. I even had nightmares about it last night!!!

No comments: