8.15.2005

Ruffles is done!!!

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I finished Ruffles from scarfStyle Friday night. Can you tell I am glad to be done with it? I knit it in Premiere from Classic Elite. Nice and soft around the neck. I did end up only using 3 skeins. I didn't quite get the 86" for the pattern size, but a) it's a scarf and plenty long as is b) it will stretch with wear and c) no sense in using a skein to get another couple inches. So I did the good-girl-no-yarn-hoarding thing and returned the 4th skein. Yeah me! I'm getting better, slowly. Recovery is a long process.

Saturday, I was able to relax and knit for a bit at my LYS. Ahh, so soothing to a mommy's soul. After knitting my baby camel collar to about 3" I realized that it was going to be too wide and since the stitch pattern was stretchier than I thought it would be I ripped it out and started again. I was amazed that such a delicate yarn would withstand that much ripping, but it did. I haven't worked on it that much because...

Saturday night a UFO called to me. Cafe Bastille Cables is a sweater for my lovely hubby. I decided to frog the whole thing. Why? Because it has been in UFO land for over a year and I was worried that my gauge had changed enough to be visible. So I restarted in Saturday night. Isn't it gorgeous? Knit with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky. Yes, it will take some blocking to get the bottom edge even. This bottom portion is knit in the round and then flat from the armhole shaping. I'm a couple of inches past the armhole on the backside now. I'm hoping to have it wearable by Saturday. Wish me luck!

Oh, and we decided to start celebrating Christmas again. It is one of our favorite holidays, but we really felt like our family needed to take a break from it to refocus religiously. Amazing how things change from year to year. I'm really hoping we can get our spending at a reasonable amount this year. Spending $5000 between just Tim and I is ridiculous. But, yeah! I can clear out some stash yarn making Christmas gifts. Hallelujah! S.W.A.K. for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking that sweater is gonna look awesome with my blue slacks...

me said...

And jeans, and khakis, and well anything, hehehe.