8.12.2005

Knit What You Got Poncho

My little girl is soooo beautiful!

Ok, so here are some generic directions for the poncho. Knit a swatch. Find your stitch to the inch. Multiply that by 30. Round to the nearest even number. Cast on half that number, pm, cast on the other half, join, pm.
Round 1: knit
Round 2: k1, M1, knit to 1 stitch before marker, M1, k1, slip marker, k1, M1, knit to 1 stitch before marker, M1, k1.
Repeat these two round till desired length or till you run out of yarn. Don't forget to leave 4-5 times your round length for binding off.
Block and enjoy.

Need a better example? My Recycled Silk poncho is 3.5 stitches to the inch on size 10s. I cast on a total of 104 stitches. I used approximately 278 yards. It definitely would look more like a poncho with more yardage, but it looks like a nice capelet at this length.

Having said all that, I'm gonna frog it. I really don't like this yarn and don't want to wear it as a poncho. You heard me all complaining about it last time I blogged, but I forgot to mention a couple of other things. It smells bad. Like musty old people. And it breaks. Yeah, because it was spun so poorly. One skein broke 5 times while I was knitting it. The other skein only broke once... while I was winding it! So gonna make a bag or something with it instead.

I started a muffler for Pastimes. That is Classic Elite Blythe. Baby camel hair!!! It is very lightweight and soft. You have to be tender with is as it snaps like a brittle twig, but I haven't had any problems with it yet. Ruffles, grrrr, is coming along slowly. I am knitting 10 rows a day on it so I'm slowly making progress. Can't wait to be done with it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am the sales rep for Alpaca With a Twist in the Southeast and I noticed that you have purchased from them in the past year, but I do not have an
address or phone number for you.
Will you please send the pertinent
information to me so that I may contact you the next time I am in your area?

Thanks, Rosalie Peters Bourque
ndlptdes@aol.com
828 582-6471