5.17.2006

Renaissance Yarns


You may remember Nancy from my Pastimes Yarns posts. Well, she's gone and done it!!! She has opened a beautiful yarn shop of her own just blocks from where Pastimes once lived and breathed. She has maintained a loyal following of fiber addicts who filled the shop on the very first day of business. Her passion will not only be carried over to customers, but will ensure a very successful venture for her. She deserves it!

Being the enabler that she is, I found a new project. Aaaah! The last thing I need is more yarn, hehehe. The pattern is from Noro Revisited by Cornelia Hamilton. It is called Bettna. Beautiful, ain't she? I'm knitting it from Kureyon #170. I have the lower pieces made and am knitting the second sleeve/upper body portion now. Should be done in a few days. Woot woot! Unfortunately it has been in the 80s lately. sniff sniff. I want to wear this beauty when I'm done with it. Keep your fingers crossed for some cold, stormy weather, hehehe.

I started spinning again. I had to put my wheel away a little over a year ago as the kids wouldn't keep their hands off of it. Well, I pulled it back out again and have been really enjoying it! So... snicker... I had to pick up some more fiber... duh! hehehe. Stupid sheep! So I picked out some luscious merino and silk roving from Blue Goose Glen. Simply gorgeous! And from Spunky Hats I picked up some BFL hand dyed fiber. I'm still waiting on that, but here is a photo to keep me salivating. Yum! Stupid sheep! Oh, oh, oh! There is an alpaca farm within minutes of my house. The owner, Eva, is involved in all sorts of spinning guilds, groups, and whatnot. Tonight is the first Happy Hour of the summer season. I'll be there with bells on! Course some alpaca fiber will jump into my bag 'o tricks whilst I'm there. Stupid alpacas! hehehe. I think I may be incurable. If someone finds a cure, puh-lease let me know. hehehe.

Happy fiber day to all of you out there!

No comments: